Top 10 academic things I did in 2012. I organized them into my four key interest categories: Online learning, Panama, Social Media, and Data Visualization
1. Co-authored my second book with Ted Bongiovanni: The Savvy Student’s Guide to Online Learning and presented the concept for the the book at the Sloan-c conference.
2. Co-presented with Aswath Damodaran about Open and online education at NYU Stern.
3. Coordinated the Encuentro Internacional de Negocios Conference at Universidad Latina de Panama and delivered a presentation entitled “Investing in Panama”
4. Co-authored a case study with Harry Chernoff: Reengineering world mobility: The Panama Canal effect.
5. Delivered several presentations about social media at NYU Stern’s Building Bridges: From high school to B-school program, Business Access Media Conference, and in Fundamentals of Interactive Multimedia @ NYU SCPS
6. Enhanced my eCommunities course to include start ups from Shark Tank include Villy Customs, Ava the Elephant and more!
7. Attended a great conference on Big Data @ MIT.
8. Delivered a guest lecture in Data Visualization in Practical Data Science @ NYU Stern
9. Developed a MBA level course in Data Visualization.
10. Learned how to program in Python